the emo wolverine writes

Welcome to my blog :D

Friday, November 28, 2014

Home is Where the Heart Is

It's 11:31 pm and I'm huddled in bed, having coaxed my seven year old brother into being a part of my entry for Envy's contest and in return of being called a teddy bear and all the little pet names I could use to get him to work with me, he has decided to cuddle up with me as I write. (Stop breathing on my arm, it tickles. Also, don't shove your head too close.)



"Home is where the heart is"

Sounds simple and rings with truth. But if I was to explain this saying to you and talk about what it meant to me, I would b dragging in a third concept. Family.

I'll admit- I've never been away from my family for long. Also, we've made so many life changing decisions and gone through so much as a team, it's hard to imagine a house becoming a home without them.

So I've managed to connect home with family, but what about heart? The concept of heart, or dil in Urdu is a vast concept. You can talk of your desires with the phrase "mera dil chahra hai" or vice versa "mera dil nahi chahra" which in rough translation means "my heart wants this" and "my heart does not want this".

Isn't that nice? You instantly join your heart into everything you want to do and if you don't want to do something, it's taken that your heart doesn't want this to happen. Best part? Everyone understands. The heart is taken very seriously.

So what am I trying to say?

If you were to ask me, "Do you want to be with your family and in your home?" I would say yes- my heart desires so (mera dil chahta hai). Indeed. Home is where the heart is.



(Ugh, iPhone front camera sucks)

3 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous! Love the photo:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photograph is really sweet :D

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss reading your blog posts! :) And that heart sign is just awww <3

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to comment? Make sure you add a link to your blog if you're new so I can check your blog out as well (: